Saturday 11 May 2013


Drawing happiness

I recently bought a nice tiny volume, "Be Happy", by Monica Sheehan. It is intended to be a little book to help you live a happy life.....well....interesting. 
I've always thought happiness is something we choose day by day. It does not depend on circumstances, it is a decision that later becomes a state of mind. 
Every day I wake up and decide that I want to be happy. I need to be happy. Sometimes I struggle to be happy, but happiness is too important to me.
Long story short, today at school I happened to have this little book with me in my bag and decided to use it in the classroom.
As I introduced the topic, I could see an increasing interest in the young students sitting in front of me. We discussed happiness, skimmed through the thick tiny pages with words and drawings, watched a short video and then decided to focus on our own experience.
At the end of the day, 4 original collages were brought in front of me. You can have a look at them below. You will encounter gentle feelings, strong emotions, passion, love, enthousiasm. You will be able to travel through souls, fly high and collapse at the same time with these wonderfully gifted teenagers. You will feel, taste, touch and smell  their unique inner worlds.
What I thought was just a little book, became a great experience, so thank you guys! Way to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment